There are several types of leagues that are available to join.
- Regular Season Pick Half - In this league, each tribe consists of half of the cast, picked by the person registering for the league. There are no limits to the number of tribes allowed in the league, but each user can only register one tribe.
- Bryant Steel Off Season Pick Half - This league is identical to the Regular Season, but played using players entered into the Brant Steele Survivor Simulator. The point system differs from the regular league. Players can be past Survivor players or any other criteria we use. These seasons run during the time that we don't have a US or International Survivor season currently in progress.
- Throwback Pick Half - This league is identical to a Regular Season, but played using a season that has already aired. Started initially just to get a player's points for all seasons, but I decided to open it up for people to select a tribe, even though the season results are already known. The points for this type will stay constant, even of the Regular Season points change, so we have some consistency across seasons. Also any bonus footage that would be scored in a regular season won't be scored in the throwback season, mainly because they probably aren't available any more.
- Auction League - This is a private only league, which means you have to invite people to join. In this league, each tribe participates in an auction style draft. By default, you will get 100 fire tokens to bid on your players. The tribes don't have to be equal in number. You will be able to create or participate in as many of these leagues as you want.
- Draft League - These leagues can be public or private. In this league, each tribe takes turns picking a member of the cast until each tribe has the same number of Survivor players. How many each tribe gets is determined by how many players are in the league. For a 20 player season, you could have 3 tribes of 6, with 2 players not getting picked, 5 tribes of 4, etc. There will be three choices on the draft order (Snake - order reverses every other round, Standard - order repeats each round, or Random - order is randomized each round). You will be able to create or participate in as many of these leagues as you want.
Scoring for the Community and Custom leagues are the same. Each season will have a points system associated with it. These points can be determined by several things, like challenge wins, confessionals, votes received, etc. We are also looking into the possibility to have a points system based on Edgic. Click on the Points System link on the menu to see how each season is scored.
The community leagues can have the following options:
- Normal - This is just straight scoring, based on the points system.
- Swap Tribe - This option allows you to select 1 more member than normal, then flag a subset of your members to be on your swap tribe. Members on your swap tribe do not earn points until there is a tribe swap or a merge in the game. The number of active players you have on your swap tribe, when a swap occurs, will replace that many of your lowest scoring players that weren't on your swap tribe. This will repeat again, if there is another swap. When the merge occurs, all active players will earn points.
- Survivors Only - This is an option where a league is only available for former Survivor players to join and play in. The results are public.
- Premium - This option designates the league is only for those that pay to play. Generally this will be used as a fundraiser type league, where you have to show proof that you donated to a particular thing in order to play. At some point, we may decide to offer some prizes,in a premium league, but we would have to find a way to do it where spoilers wouldn't ruin it for people.
Created with the Personal Edition of HelpNDoc: Free iPhone documentation generator